Today’s post provides an update to TAB’s 2009 report entitled “Smoldering Myeloma – 11 Year Case Study Using Supplements.” If you don’t remember this remarkable case, scroll down my Pages on the right where you will find my original post on TAB or just click on this link: http://goo.gl/agjyP.
After Julie’s and Darlene’s recent comments, I contacted TAB to see how he was doing. As you will soon read, he’s doing much more than fine….he’s doing super-duper-hunky-dory fine! Quick reminder: TAB is now 70 years old and has IgA lambda smoldering myeloma. In his message, he told me that he likes to keep busy, so he plays golf during the summer and restores pianos during the winter. How about that!!! What a guy…what a guy…
Anyway, he sent me a fabulous update, which included a series of gorgeous graphs (I wish I were that talented!!!) showing that his IgA is on a downward trend (good!), whereas his other Igs are on an upward one (also good!).
Here are TAB’s November 27 2011 comments:
- I have been smoldering for 13 years.
- I remain asymptomatic with no C. R. A. B. symptoms. That is: No elevated Calcium, No Renal failure, No Anemia and No Bone Lesions.
- The latest IgA value of 3178 mg/dl is the lowest it has ever been since diagnosis.
- I remain on my daily supplements of Inositol, IP6, Selenium, Vitamin C and D, Trans Resveratrol, Curcumin plus a multivitamin.
- I take one half of the IP6 /Inositol first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and the remaining half before bed.
- I take the curcumin all at once, usually with a meal that contains some fat or oil.
- The other supplements I spread out over the day. Supplement cost is $1.44 per day.
- The MM has by no means been eradicated, but I have enjoyed a very homeostatic control of the markers with no symptoms thus far.
- These supplements may or may not work for others as they apparently do for me. I have been lucky to have had the time to see results which in some cases took years to manifest.
- I eat a typical American, somewhat well balanced diet, but nothing special. I enjoy golfing in the summer and have a BMI at the upper end of normal.
- No problems to report.